This Saturday is Australia Day and we shall be celebrating in a big way! Australia Day is the official national day of Australia and is on January 26 each year, where people celebrate the fact they are Australian and go to an array of events and activities around the world.
The most common things that happen on Australia day are drinking copious amounts of alcohol, listening and singing along to Australian music, going to the beach and of course eating meat pies!
To get into the spirit of Australia day there are a bunch of things going on in the world of Two Guys and a Pie:
1) At our shop
– receive free toppings on your pies in the shop all weekend if you wear something Australian (e.g wear green and gold, tattoos of the Australian flag etc) or sing an Australian song (think Cold Chisel, AC/DC, Kylie Minogue, Men at Work, Jet etc)!
– we will be playing the Triple J Hottest 100 countdown
– we might be dishing out some vegemite pastry samplers on the day
2) The lads at popular drinking hole, the Stumble Inn will also be celebrating Australia Day and word has it they ran out of alcohol last year (how does a bar run out of alcohol? Well it does with a bunch of Australians….) so it should make for a fun filled day of shenanigans. We shall also be there personally to serve out the pies!
3) There are a number of other venues we recommend you pop into for Australia day and where you will be able to get your hands on a pie.
– Plan b in Shuangjing
– Bang Bang Pizza in Shuangjing
– 12SQM in Nanluoguxiang
– Serk in Beixinqiao
– Deli de Luxe in Chaoyang Park West